Science Diet Cat Food Recall – It was in the 1930s when Dr. Mark L. Morris created the Hill’s Science Diet. He is the vet who created the original food to help a service dog with the kidney failure. The dog was known as Buddy. Based on the advertisements, it is the no. 1 of pet food suggested by vets. The food helps good health for pets in all stages of life. It provides special needs with special diets.
Later, it has been widely marketed in more than 80 countries. Hill’s Science Diet Cat Food Recall was done by the company. As we know, there are more than 10 brands they have been producing for the markets.
Did The Company Recall The Science Diet?
Science Diet Cat Food Recall was done in November 2015. The company started a withdrawal, not a recall. Several canned dog foods came with the labeling problems and Hill’s argued that the food was fine.
Science Diet Cat Food Recall
Before, it was in June 2014 that the company did Science Diet Cat Food Recall. It was about 62 bags of Adult Small and Toy Breed Dry Dog Food they produced have to be recalled by the company in California, Nevada, and Hawaii due to salmonella contamination. The recall was included by the company in 2007 by taking more than 40 brands of their pet food that has been determined by FDA with melamine.
The List Of Science Diet Cat Food Recall
After reading the Hills science diet cat food review, here is the list for the food recall.
1. The Prescription Diet m/d Feline Dry Cat Food was recalled by the company in 2007 due to Melamine.
2. All the Science Savory Cuts canned cat foods from the company in both 3 0z. and 5 oz. was recalled in 2007 because of melamine contamination. The recalled brands are below:
- Ocean Fish Dinner in Sauce Savory Cuts Kitten
- Ocean Fish Dinner in Sauce Savory Cuts ( For Adult Cat)
- Chicken Dinner in Gravy Savory Cuts Adult
- Beef Dinner in Gravy Savory Cuts Adult
- Chicken Dinner in Gravy Savory Cuts Mature Adult 7+
3. In 2014, the company also recalled the Adult Small & Toy Breed Dry Dog Food due to a potential salmonella contamination. The product has been distributed in Hawaii, Nevada, and California.
4. The company recalled some brands in the UK due to the ingredient supplier fault. These products were recalled by the company because of the high levels of iron. Below is the list
- Feline Adult Light Ocean Fish
- Feline Mature Ocean Fish
- Feline Adult Light Favourite Selection Multipack 4
- Feline Mature Adult Favourite Selection Multipack 3
- Prescription Feline c/d Stress Reduced Calorie Chicken
- Feline Young Adult Sterilised Cat Multipack 4
For those who have purchased any product as Science Diet Cat Food Recall above, the best thing to do is to not feed it to your pet. It is better for you to consult your vet before feeding any products to your cat. If your cat shows something uncommon like illness, there is nothing better than to get an immediate help by visiting your vet. If you need to contact Hill’s and you are living around UK to report the point no.4, you can try at +0800.282.438.